Saturday, October 1, 2011

Week 3

This past week has been a week of new discoveries for me! Not that evey week in Italy isn't. It all started last Saturday night when I went to this bar, Lex, in the town's city center, with my friend Giada from school and a bunch of her friends. It was a lot of fun and kind of weird because even though I didn't drink, I was still at a bar, where I was technically legal! After a while some of my ofther friends found us and we went to a different bar. I deffinitely got to experience a whole new energy to Cremona. By 11:30pm we were all beat so, Francesco, Matt and Kayleigh walked me home before heading home themselves. All in all a very sucessful first saturday night! 


 The next morning my host parents woke me up at 8:30am to go for a bike ride with this large group of people all 50 and older, there was one guy there that was 87! Along the way my host dad, Roberto, told me a little family history about the town that we were riding to. Apparently during WW2, Cremona was an area that had been bombed, so Roberto's family and a lot of others picked up and moved to this little town 15km away. Then ,when the war was over, they returned. As I said before this little town was 15km away, which might not sound that far but on a bike it was long, 30km there and back!  It took us an hour and a half to get there and another hour to get back. Instead of going straight back to Cremona the group had a huge lunch set up for all the cyclists. The meal was great but there was so much food that I was full after the first 2 courses! That night I went with Sam and Kayleigh, to watch our friend Matteo sing. He was sing with this large jazz band called the Swingers. He was really good! We stayed to watch a few songs by the band but Kayleigh and I were both tired to we waited for Matteo to finish and then congradulated him and said goodbye. Since we had school the next day we both didn't want to stay too long. 


On wednesday night I thought I had an audition for a choir, so the past two days I was practising the song that I sang at the Barrie Kiwanis Music Festival last spring, On My Own from Les Miserables. I figured since I won first place with it that it would be a good song to sing. Much to my surprise I had misuderstood my host mom and it wasn't actually an audition, just more of a go, sing and see if you like it. I did like it and I had planned on going again to the next choir rehearsal on Friday but the next day I came down with a cold! 


Thursday was a bit of a wurl wind, I was really tired, feeling like crap and very much resenting school! But that afternoon I went with Giada to meet here her vocal coach and see how her lessons went. The teacher is very nice and originally from England so she speaks fluent English, now a nother of my many italian tutors! I really like her and she was the least expensive teacher I found, so we scheduled a time for me to come in next week and sing for her and see if I like her teachings. 


As I mentioned earlier I came down with a cold on Thursday, so as you could expect I wasn't exactly feeling amazing on Friday, but I went to my Italian lesson anyway because I had already missed Tuesdays' due to an appointment with the Italian tax registry people (not sure what their actual tittle is :P). After my Italian lesson I was feeling even worse so my teacher called my house keeper, the only person home at that hour, and asked if she could inform my school that I would not be attending the rest of my classes! I went straight home from there and slept for hours. 


Today, Saturday, I still feel like my face is going to fall off, so I stayed home from school again. Staying home from school on Saturday, should be awesome right? Just watch movies and relax, well your wrong. I feel awful and it sucks. I have already drank 10 cups of tea today and each time I feel better but that only last for 20 minutes or so and then it's back to feeling shitty!


Va bene, heres hoping I feel better tomorrow! 


Ciao,
Amanda ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment