Thursday, October 6, 2011

Forgetful Me

I almost forgot!
Today marks my 1 month mark! Today is exactly 4 weeks since I first arrived in Italy. I can't believe I've been here for a month. On one hand I think, where has the time gone? But there is still a piece of me that feels that I have been here forever! It's hard to believe that I have been away from my home and my family and my friends for one whole month and that it will continue for another 9 months. 269 days left of my exchange. 269 days before I return home. 269 days to grow into a new me! I know I shouldn't be counting down the days but some days all I want to do is count down to the day that I will get to go back to my old life instead of this completely new and scary life that I can not see the future of. Don't get me wrong I love Italy and my new friends and my host family but sometimes I just want to go back to the security of knowing exactly what my future holds. There is another part of me that is yelling for the insecure me to shut up. After all, this is what I wanted, to get out of Collingwood, to see the world and meet new people. So that is what I have to do. I need to stop thinking about all the things I would be doing if I was back home. Italy is my home now. I  only have 269 days to become a citizen of the world, so I have better stop counting and start living! 


That's all for now,
Amanda ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment