Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Carnevale Part 2: The Parties!!

Because it was Carnival we didn't have school Monday or Tuesday, so you know what that means, Party!! On Sunday night my friend Cristina was having a "Carnival Party" at her Oratorio. For those of you who don't know an oratorio is basically just a youth club! Since it was carnival it was of course a costume party! Yay! Unfortunately I didn't have any costumes here so I just dressed up as myself and wore my mask that I bought in Venice. Seeing as how it was probably the last time I was going to get to wear it, I wore it proudly! The party was a lot of fun and we played this one game where you put a piece of spaghetti between your mouths and start dancing and the couple left dancing with there "spaghetto" still whole, one! 






We also did group dances to songs like Hoe down Throw down by Miley Cyrus and Ai Se Eu Te Pego by Michael Telò, that have organised dances to go with them which was really fun! 























On Monday, we celebrated my other friend Cristina's Birthday! We met up with about 6 girls from our class and went out for lunch at little coffee bar overlooking the park! We stayed there for about 2 & 1/2 hours before they walked with me back to my house. After that I enlisted Lizzy in my search for Cristina's B-day present since I still hadn't found the perfect gift! I ended up getting her a concert DVD of The Who, which is one her favourite bands! Than I went home and relaxed before getting ready to go to her party! My host mom drove me there and because she has never been to Cristina's town we got lost and ended up being almost an hour late! I only knew two people at the party, when I got there. My friend Maria from class and Cri's best friend Elisa but by the end of the night I had made friends with almost everyone there! It is so much easier to make friends when they find out your Canadian and you speak English! Apparently it makes me much more fascinating because for about two hours they just swarmed me asking me questions, it was a lot of fun and I can actually say that I now have a friend named Fabio! My host mom came to pick me up around 12:30AM but we didn't get home till about 1:00AM :) 

Mio Carnevale era una grande successo!-  If you don't understand there's always Google Translate!! :) Hope everyone had a great Holiday whether it was Carnival, Family Day or President's Day! 






No comments:

Post a Comment