Friday, December 30, 2011

Happy New Year!

It's the last day of 2011! The last day of an amazing year. 
A year where so much has happened and so much has changed. 
A year of new opportunities and adventures. In 2011, I have met some of my best and closest friends. 
I Learned to snowboard and I helped to raise money for charity.
 I learned that I would be spending the next school year in Italy and I learned to drive. 
I flew to Vancouver with my school and I took my first solo road trip.
 I spent precious time with old friends and family. 
I went night swimming at Wasaga Beach and I have a new sister.
 I turned 17 and then 7 day later I boarded an airplane bound for Milan. 
I have seen cities that I've only ever dreamed about; Verona, Rome, Naples.
 I've had to deal with the loss of my grandpa and the reality of being so far from home. 
I have the opportunity to learn a new language and expand on the ones I already know.
 I got to welcome the newest member of my family, my niece, Hailey Morgan Thistle, to the world. I've had the privilege of living with and getting to know the Antonioli family and sharing the holidays with them. 
Most importantly, 2011 has blessed me with family and friends on every continent in the world and I am so fortunate to know every last one of them! 
2011 has been one of the best years of my life and I want to thank every single person who has been apart of my life and will continue to be apart of my life for many years to come! 
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

1 comment:

  1. Ciao Amanda! I'm an Italian girl and I've just found your blog! It is so strange seing Italy from a different point of view! Hope you like it! Besides, this August I'm leaving for America. I'll stay there for a year! This is my blog. If you want to come and read something in Italian, join it! =D The best wishes! Tanti baci!
    http://asparklinglightinthedarkness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete